Email MarketingHints & Tips
Topic: Spam, Bounces, Filters & Blocking
- "But I'm Not a Spammer!"
Receiving a spam complaint from someone who is supposed to know you and your business might feel like a betrayal by a friend, especially when you've worked so hard to build a permission-based list. You are following the rules, so why the spam complaint?
- 5 Tips to Increase Your Email Deliverability
Your email deliverability is important. Learn how to avoid undeliverable emails, which could mean the loss of customers and prospects that you've paid dearly to acquire.
- Avoiding Internet Fraud
- By following a few quick tips, you can help prevent becoming a victim of internet fraud yourself, and ruining your reputation with your customers in the process.
- Battle for the Inbox
In the world of email, there is a battle going on everyday. It's the battle for the inbox. Get a behind the scenes view of email delivery that shows you how email is filtered, and what ISPs look at to determine whether it is legitimate or spam.
- Getting Your Emails Delivered Part I
Learn why you should be concerned about email bouncebacks, and how to prevent them.
- Getting Your Emails Delivered Part II
Learn about the hottest subjects in email marketing today: email blocking, email filters and false positives. In this sequel Michelle Keegan tells you what you can do to make sure your permission-based email gets through.
- Inbox Insights
- This behind-the-scenes set of actions involves several elements and can make the difference between an opened email and an ignored one. To improve your messages' deliverability, familiarize yourself with the following terms and adjust your efforts accordingly.
- Learning from Email Metrics
One of the chief benefits of using an email service provider like Constant Contact is the ability to get insight into what people are doing when they receive your communications. You can see if they're opening, forwarding, clicking, sharing -- in other words, if they're engaging with your messages and content.
But to reap any rewards from your metrics, you need to know what they mean, what trends to look for, and how you can leverage the information provided to improve your communications and better target your subscribers.
- Making it to the Inbox
There are things that you can do to increase your emails' chances of delivery. Learn about the 6 steps you can take to strengthen your deliverability.
- Museum Keeps Tabs on Email Metrics
- The nonprofit Delaware Center for the Contemporary Arts (DCCA) in Wilmington is a non-collecting museum -- meaning it doesn't own any items or house a permanent collection -- that hosts more than 30 exhibitions every year. With the constant influx of new exhibitions setting up shop every couple of months, in addition to the continual flow of classes, workshops, lectures, camps, and numerous other programs, it's vital for the DCCA to keep its members, the public, and the media up-to-date on the latest happenings.
- Spam Reports Aren't All Bad News
- No one who follows the rules and best practices of permission-based email marketing wants to get branded as a spammer. However, sometimes even the most reputable, best-intentioned businesses and organizations can send email communications that trigger spam reports.
- The Email Deliverability Landscape
The world of email deliverability has many layers and is constantly changing. Here at Constant Contact we rely on a team of experts to build relationships with Internet service providers, stay abreast of important and emerging issues, and work with others in the email industry to map out and execute battle plans in the fight against spam.
- The Truth About Blacklists and How They Affect You
Email blocklists have been around for a while. And over time, the way blocklists operate, the way they are viewed and, more importantly, used by the industry has evolved.
- What You Need to Know About Authentication
Email authentication isn't rocket science, but it's not the easiest concept to grasp-or to explain. That's why we went straight to an expert on the subject, Constant Contact's Director of ISP Relations, Tara Natanson.
- When Bad Things Happen to Good Email Marketers
With this article Michelle Keegan discusses the many reasons why your subscriber might report your email as spam.