Q. Who manages the Constant Contact Email Marketing Affiliate Program?
- A dedicated team at Constant Contact manages our program, and we have partnered with Impact Radius and Commission Junction to provide affiliates with third-party tracking, real-time reporting, and monthly commission checks. You must have an Impact Radius or Commission Junction account to become an affiliate.
Q. How much does it cost to join the email marketing affiliate program?
- Nothing, it’s FREE to join the program! In fact, you’ll earn money for each new person who tries Constant Contact and/or becomes a Constant Contact customer.
Q. What are my responsibilities as a Constant Contact affiliate?
- After you agree to the Constant Contact Email Marketing Affiliate Program and affiliate network terms and policies, your only other responsibility as our affiliate is to place links and banners to Constant Contact on your website—and we’ll provide them to you.
Q. How do I know if my website qualifies for the email affiliate program?
- Most websites will qualify to participate in our program. However, we reserve the right to refuse or revoke membership if we deem the website contains objectionable material, explicit language, supports violent groups, or if we suspect fraudulent behavior.
Q. Impact Radius or Commission Junction don’t do business in my country of origin. Can I get approved by Constant Contact?
- No. Constant Contact abides by the policies of Impact Radius and Commission Junction. This includes only partnering with those countries that are included in our contracts with the Impact Radius and Commission Junction affiliate networks.
Q. Do I have to be a webmaster to join the email marketing affiliate program?
- No. Our program is open to all bloggers, webmasters, consultants, web designers, marketing professionals, site owners, or anybody interested in promoting Constant Contact email marketing.
Q. How long does it take to get approved for the email marketing affiliate program?
- Constant Contact reviews all pending affiliate applications on a daily basis. You will receive notification within one week.
Referrals and Payments
Q. How much money will I earn with the email marketing affiliate program?
- We pay affiliates $5 for each user who signs up for a free trial and $105 for each user who becomes a paying Constant Contact customer. Please note that free trial users must send a test or production email campaign to qualify as a referral. In addition, a customer must pay through at least one billing period before you receive credit for the referral. Commission rates are subject to change at any time.
Q. What is the difference between a lead and a sale?
- A lead is when someone signs up for the Constant Contact free trial and sends an email campaign. A sale occurs when a Constant Contact user becomes a paying customer.
Q. How often will I get paid?
- Commission payouts are made on a monthly basis. However, there is a one month and 10-day locking period in which Constant Contact reviews referral activity and quality, so it can take up to 90 days for you to receive payment on a particular lead or paying customer. You are able to stipulate your payout threshold when you apply to become an affiliate. Once you reach that payout, your affiliate network (Impact Radius or Commission Junction) will send your payment.
Q. Can I get paid for past referrals?
- No. You must be signed up and approved as a Constant Contact affiliate before any payments can be made.
Q. Can I earn a share of the ongoing revenue from customers I refer through the email marketing affiliate program?
- No, the program only compensates affiliates on a CPL (cost per lead) and CPA (cost per action/sale) basis.
Q. Do you have a high conversion rate after the free trial?
- Yes! Once referrals sign up for a trial and see how easy and effective Constant Contact email marketing is, they are motivated to keep using their account to drive revenue, add more contacts, and grow their business.
Q. If I operate multiple websites, can I get paid with one commission payment?
- Yes. You can list your websites under one account within your affiliate network (Impact Radius or Commission Junction). When signing up for the email affiliate program, just enter the names and URLs for your websites, and you’ll be able to generate separate reports for each site but receive just one payment.
Tracking and Reporting
Q. How are my referrals tracked and credited to my account?
- All Constant Contact links and banners to our site contain your unique affiliate ID. As an affiliate, each time a user clicks a link or banner on your site to visit our site—and then signs up for a free trial or becomes a customer—your account is credited.
Q. How can I review the number of commissions I’ve made through the email marketing affiliate program?
- Once approved into the program, you can access your Account Manager at the Impact Radius or Commission Junction sites. Simply log in and run reports to see your activity and associated commissions.
Q. Why don't I see some referrals credited to my account?
- There are a number of reasons this might happen. Referrals made before you were approved into the email affiliate program will not be credited. We recognize clicks of our links and banners immediately within your Impact Radius or Commission Junction account, however activity that results in leads or sales may take up to 90 days to be recognized, as outlined in the Constant Contact Email Marketing Affiliate Program Terms and Conditions. Please rest assured that you’ll receive credit for all accounts that qualify as a lead or a sale.
Links and Banners
Q. How do I get the Constant Contact links and banners to put on my website?
- After you have completed the sign-up process and have been approved into the email affiliate program, you’ll be able to log in to your account to get the links and banners for promoting Constant Contact on your site.
Q. If I decide not to get the links and banners when I sign up, where do I find them?
- For Impact Radius, simply log in to your account and select Ads. For Commission Junction:
- Visit www.cj.com
- Click Login in the upper right-hand corner of the home page.
- Once logged in, access your Account Manager and select Links.
Q. Where will visitors link to when they click the links and banners on my website?
- Referrals will be linked to the Constant Contact website, where they’ll learn all about our features, tools, and pricing—and sign up for a free trial. You’ll receive credit for trials or paid accounts that result from clicks on that link or banner.
Q. Can I get affiliate credit for links and banners in my Constant Contact email campaigns?
- Yes! To place a banner ad into an email:
- Browse our banner inventory and choose one that works well for your email template.
- Select Get Links for the tracking code. Simply copy and paste this code into your template in the location you want the banner to appear.
- Some users choose to copy the link into a paragraph of a featured article. This lets you get the banner in your campaign quickly without having to understand HTML.
For help with your Constant Contact email campaigns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. How can I retrieve a lost password?
- For Impact Radius, simply reset your password. For Commission Junction, please call 800-761-1072 (U.S.) or 805-730-8000 (international), and press 1 for Client Services.
Q. What do I if my account has been deactivated?
- Commission Junction will automatically deactivate your account after six months of inactivity. To re-activate your account, please call 800-761-1072 (U.S.) or 805-730-8000 (international), and press 1 for Client Services.